[petsc-users] questions about KSP with-pc_type hypre

Roc Wang pengxwang at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 7 14:08:38 CDT 2013

Hello,

   I am trying to solve a linear system with KSP for a 3-D domain.  The computational domain is a cubic space with Neumann condition on the lateral sides( y, and z directions).  A smaller round plate is on the left side in x direction.  The right side is a rectangular plane either with or without a hole.  In testing studies, the KSP solver works fine both with and without -pc_type hypre runtime option for the domain with a whole plane(without a hole) on the right, but diverges for the case of a plane with a hole with -ps_type hypre option.

  My question is whether the hypre pre-conditioner is sensitive to the geometry boundary?  If the answer is yes, is there any other pre-conditioner available for my particular case(the domain with a plane which with a hole on the right side) to reduce the number of iterations? Thanks in advance.