[petsc-users] Petsc-3.4.2 with MinGW-w64 on Windows 7

Mengda Wu wumengda at gmail.com
Thu Oct 3 08:54:48 CDT 2013

Hi Satis,

  I've tried to use mingw distributed with cygwin. And it worked well for
static libraries.

  Another problem I am facing is I cannot build shared libraries with it
even I supplied with "--with-shared-libraries=1". Only .a libs are
generated and there are no dlls. There was a message saying "CMake setup
incomplete (status 256), falling back to legacy build" when configuring. I
did install Cygwin's cmake. I don't know if cmake will help for shared
libraries.

Thanks,
Mengda