[petsc-users] Modify RHS values at each iteration

TAY wee-beng zonexo at gmail.com
Thu Nov 21 04:06:11 CST 2013

Hi Jed,

I need a solve a Poisson equation, which is part of my finite volume CFD
code.

The RHS terms are calculated from the velocity.

In the standard mtd, the RHS terms are calculated from the velocity,
which then solves the Poisson eqn to get the pressure.

Now, to improve the accuracy of the pressure obtained, a paper suggested
obtaining the pressure  from the velocity in 1 iteration. Then use the
new pressure for the momentum eqn to get a more accurate intermediate
velocity. The RHS terms are recomputed again using the new velocity,
which is then used to calculate the new pressure. This cycle goes on
until the pressure converges to a certain value.

Hence, I wonder what is the best way to do it.

Thanks!

Yours sincerely,

TAY wee-beng