[petsc-users] how to partition a matrix?

aymeric aymeric sickofcowboys at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 20 17:26:50 CST 2013

Sorry to ask something tat sounds so trivial, but I can't find help in the manual or the examples.In the context of FE (unstructured grid), I am trying to partition a matrix; I am able to follow the example given in section 2.5 of the manual. But what I get is an IS representing the processor for each element... and what am I supposed to do with that? Assuming that I could distribute the mesh, then how am I supposed to create the matrix associated with the partition? I feel like I am missing something obvious, cause it can't be complicated...Thank you for your help