[petsc-users] Solving Poisson equation with multigrid

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Fri May 31 19:08:44 CDT 2013

The following is my configure command to build PETSc on a cray with
cray compilers:

$ cat reconfigure-arch-test-cray.py
#!/usr/bin/python
if __name__ == '__main__':
  import sys
  import os
  sys.path.insert(0, os.path.abspath('config'))
  import configure
  configure_options = [
    '--with-cc=cc',
    '--with-clanguage=C++',
    '--with-clib-autodetect=0',
    '--with-cxx=CC',
    '--with-cxxlib-autodetect=0',
    '--with-fc=ftn',
    '--with-fortranlib-autodetect=0',
    '--with-x=0',
    'FFLAGS=-F -em',
    'LIBS=-L/opt/cray/cce/8.1.4/CC/x86-64/lib/x86-64/ -lcray-c++-rts -lcraystdc++ -lsupc++ -lgcc_eh',
    'PETSC_ARCH=arch-test-cray',
  ]
  configure.petsc_configure(configure_options)
<<<<<<<<<

And you might have to look for the recommended optimization flags - and use with:
--with-debgging=0 COPTFLAGS= FOPTFLAGS= CXXOPTFLAGS= etc.

And on BlueWaters - you would have to remove the following lines from
PETSC_ARCH/include/petscconf.h [before runing 'make all' to build the
libraries]

#ifndef PETSC_HAVE_GETPWUID
#define PETSC_HAVE_GETPWUID 1
#endif