[petsc-users] How to measure the memory usage of the application built on the Petsc?

Fande Kong fande.kong at colorado.edu
Mon May 27 22:22:58 CDT 2013

Hi all,

How to measure the memory usage of the application built on the Petsc?  I
am now solving linear elasticity equations with fgmres preconditioned by
two-level method, that is, preconditioned by multigrid method where on each
level the additive Schwarz method is adopted.  More than 1000 cores are
adopted to solve this problem on the supercomputer. When the total freedom
of the problem is about 60M, the application correctly run and produce
correct results. But when the total freedom increases to 600M, the
application abort and say there is not enough memory (  the system
administrator of the supercomputer told me that my application run out
memory).

Thus, I want to monitor the memory usage dynamically when the application
running. Are there any functions or strategies that could be used for this
purpose?

The error information is attached.

Regards,
--