[petsc-users] Solving Poisson equation with multigrid

Jed Brown jedbrown at mcs.anl.gov
Fri May 17 19:10:35 CDT 2013

Please always use "reply-all" so that your messages go to the list.
This is standard mailing list etiquette.  It is important to preserve
threading for people who find this discussion later and so that we do
not waste our time re-answering the same questions that have already
been answered in private side-conversations.  You'll likely get an
answer faster that way too.

Michele Rosso <mrosso at uci.edu> writes:

> If you are referring to -pc_type gamg, I tried it, but I got the same
> error message
> (For coloring efficiency ensure number of grid points in X is divisible
> by 2*stencil_width + 1)

The option could not have been used.  Always send the ENTIRE error
message.  Is the code calling KSPSetFromOptions()?  Run with
-options_left to see if any options did not get used.