[petsc-users] Petsc 3.3.p5 with HYPRE 2.9.0b

Dominik Szczerba dominik at itis.ethz.ch
Wed Jan 9 02:24:36 CST 2013

Hi,

I _have_ to use hypre-2.9.0b with petsc 3.3.x (because 2.8.0b
compilation on Windows is broken due to issues with the MSVC 10
compiler). I am aware of both 2.8.0b being officially used by petsc as
well as of Jed mentioning building problems in hypre-2.9.0b. I indeed
can not build 2.9.0b on linux due to errors but - ironically - it is
the only version I can currently build natively on Windows. Therefore
I would like to know if the decision to officially use 2.8.0b in petsc
3.3.x is dictated exclusively by building infrastructure issues or
also by some code / API / functionality related issues. Thanks for any
comments.

Dominik