[petsc-users] best way to have debug/without-debug builds side by side in petsc-dev

Geoffrey Irving irving at naml.us
Thu Feb 21 13:06:03 CST 2013

What's the standard way of having debug and non-debug builds side by
side in an instance of petsc-dev?  If I do

    ./configure --with-shared-libraries=1
--PETSC_DIR=/Users/irving/otherlab/petsc --download-ml=yes
--with-mpi-dir=/usr/local --with-debugging=0

it defaults to PETSC_ARCH=darwin10.6.0-cxx-debug, which is the same
PETSC_ARCH as for --with-debugging=1.  I can manually change
PETSC_ARCH, but it seems odd to have to do this.

Thanks,
Geoffrey