[petsc-users] Compiling petsc-3.3 p6 on mountain lion (Subramanya G)

Nachiket Gokhale gokhalen at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 11:05:04 CST 2013

A few months ago I got this error  with petsc-dev

                    UNABLE to EXECUTE BINARIES for ./configure
Cannot run executables created with C. If this machine uses a batch system
to submit jobs you will need to configure using ./configure with the
additional option  --with-batch.
 Otherwise there is problem with the compilers. Can you compile and
run code with your C/C++ (and maybe Fortran) compilers?"

If this is the error you got, then, to make along story short, this
went way when I removed the symbol "+" from my PETSC_ARCH.

 -Nachiket