[petsc-users] How to run Petsc in Fortran

Sonya Blade sonyablade2010 at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 29 13:53:23 CDT 2013

> Are you using makefiles or somthing else to build your application?
> We suggest using PETSc makefiles.
>
> Satish

I'm bit confused here, AFAIK makefiles are supposed to be used for compilation of
Petsc source code not the intended application. Probably I'm wrong here.

I've used gcc and gfortran in cygwin to compile the Petsc codes without MPI support.
There is no error recorded at the error.log and all the examples works like charm in
C language. So I think that there is no discrepancy during the compilation.

But when I try to run the examples in gfortran (in Code Block editor) then compiler raises
so many errors such as :

Undefined reference to __getreent in function PetscInitialize()
Undefined reference to __errno in funciton PetscSynchronizedFGets()

etc...

Do those errors gives any hints on what is going wrong?