[petsc-users] Help with ML/BoomerAMG

Gaetan Kenway gaetank at gmail.com
Mon Apr 29 11:03:57 CDT 2013

Hi Again

I did try running LU instead of ILU on the sub-domains. (This is the result
of a RANS simulation at M=0.85, SA model, frozen turbulence and 96768 cells
or matrix dimension or 483840). However, the ILU does not seem to be the
cause of the issue. I've attached a plot of the two convergence histories.
Both take 426 iterations of full GMRES (restart was set at 600). Column F
is ASM(1), ILU(1) Column L is ASM(1), LU. This is right preconditioning and
a check of the residual after the solver has completed confirms the actual
residual has reduced by 6 orders of magnitude.

Any thoughts?

Thank you,

Gaetan Kenway