[petsc-users] EXTERNAL: How to run Petsc in Fortran

Sonya Blade sonyablade2010 at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 29 07:09:46 CDT 2013

> What is the compilation command you are executing? It is probably
> because you are not running the pre-processor in Fortran which is
> switched off in the PGI compiler by default.
> Regards,
>
> Wadud.

What it's got anything to do with PGI compiler I'm using Gnu Fortran?
I try to compile program with the given command lines executions.

-------------- Build: Debug in Petsc_Fortran (compiler: GNU GFortran Compiler)---------------

gfortran.exe -Wall  -g  -Wall   -IC:\Users\....\Downloads\petsc-3.3-p6\include\finclude -IC:\Users\...\Downloads\petsc-3.3-p6\arch-mswin-c-debug\include  -c D:\....\PROJECTS\CBFortran\Petsc_Fortran\main.f90 -o obj\Debug\main.o

>Are you sure that your compiler is preprocessing the file? You usually need
>to name it *.F.
>
>   Matt

I've tried with every possible fortran file extension, I'm sure that file is being
pre-processed because if I comment the line of "PetscReal norm" it compiles and runs
normally and produces the print statement on console screen.

Regards,