[petsc-users] a config problem

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Apr 25 23:17:23 CDT 2013

On Thu, 25 Apr 2013, Kainan Wang wrote:

> Hello,
>
>   I tried to install petsc 3.3-p6 on a cluster with gcc/4.4.3 or
> gcc/4.4.5.I manually load the module of gotoblas (v1.30) and specify
> in the petsc
> configure command as
>
> ./configure --with-blas-lapack-dir=/opt/apps/gotoblas/1.30
>
> and I got the following error:
> You set a value for --with-blas-lapack-dir=<dir>, but
> /opt/apps/gotoblas/1.30 cannot be used

configure doesn't know enought about goto blas. Try using
--with-blas-lapack-lib option and specify the exact link command that
should be useable with gotoblas.

> However, if I change the compiler to intel (v11.1) the same configure can
> work and installation is smooth.

perhaps configure found a different blas. you can check the summary it printed.

If you still have trouble - send configure.log. Without that - we won't
know what issues you are encountering.

Satish