[petsc-users] Advice Being Sought

David Scott d.scott at ed.ac.uk
Wed Apr 24 06:15:56 CDT 2013

Hello Barry,

On 23/04/2013 02:36, Barry Smith wrote:
>    David,
>
>      We would be very interested in determining what is "going wrong" with the solver here since we hope to make it robust.  Would it be possible for you to use a MatView() and VecView() on the matrix and the right hand side with a binary viewer when it "goes bad" and send us the resulting file?
>
>     Barry
>
> We'd run the gamg solver on your matrix and track down what is happening.

I shall try to do what you ask but I shall try to do it for a smaller
domain (2 million rather than 11 million points) than I have been
working on recently.

I am uncertain what I should do precisely. With reference to the code
that I attached to a previous message should I insert something like
   PetscViewer viewer
   call MatView(B, viewer, ierr)
   call PetscViewerBinaryOpen(PETSC_COMM_WORLD, 'BinaryMatrix',  &
     FILE_MODE_WRITE, viewer, ierr)
   call PetscViewerDestroy(viewer, ierr)
in compute_matrix after B has been assembled (and similar code in
compute_rhs).

David
--
Dr. D. M. Scott
Applications Consultant

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.