[petsc-users] DMPlex Filed data to VTK file

Jed Brown jedbrown at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Apr 17 20:36:58 CDT 2013

Dharmendar Reddy <dharmareddy84 at gmail.com> writes:

> Hello,
>          I think i finally was able to go thorugh the process of solving a
> poisson problem using DMPlex object. Now i need to visualize the data.
>
> I was looking at following lines from exmple 62:

You don't need any of that crazy nonsense.  (That terrible code didn't
get cleaned up after we fixed DMPlex viewing.)  This is how we do the
same thing in src/ts/examples/tutorials/ex11.c:

  ierr = PetscViewerCreate(PetscObjectComm((PetscObject)dm), viewer);CHKERRQ(ierr);
  ierr = PetscViewerSetType(*viewer, PETSCVIEWERVTK);CHKERRQ(ierr);
  ierr = PetscViewerFileSetName(*viewer, filename);CHKERRQ(ierr);