[petsc-users] Crash when using valgrind

Dominik Szczerba dominik at itis.ethz.ch
Wed Apr 17 06:41:57 CDT 2013

I have been successfully using valgrind for a long long time with petsc but
now suddenly it refuses to work. E.g. calling up a properly functioning
program causes a crash:

mpiexec -n 2 valgrind --tool=memcheck -q --num-callers=20 MySolver

cr_libinit.c:183 cri_init: sigaction() failed: Invalid argument
cr_libinit.c:183 cri_init: sigaction() failed: Invalid argument

=   BAD TERMINATION OF ONE OF YOUR APPLICATION PROCESSES
=   EXIT CODE: 134
=   CLEANING UP REMAINING PROCESSES
=   YOU CAN IGNORE THE BELOW CLEANUP MESSAGES
APPLICATION TERMINATED WITH THE EXIT STRING: Aborted (signal 6)

Same problem if I run without mpiexec at all, just on one proc.

Google found just one and only related page on valgrind pages but I was not
able to conclude much. Did anyone else experience the same problem?

Thanks,
Dominik