[petsc-users] KSPsolver

Jin, Shuangshuang Shuangshuang.Jin at pnnl.gov
Tue Apr 16 13:17:19 CDT 2013

Hello, everyone, I'm trying to run the following example: http://www.mcs.anl.gov/petsc/petsc-current/src/ksp/ksp/examples/tutorials/ex12.c.html

It is said that this example solves a linear system in parallel with KSP.

However, when I ran it on my clusters, I always got the same copy running multiple times. I printed the Istart and Iend numbers right after the MatGetOwnershipRange, and noticed that the index on each processor are all the same, which is [0, 56].

The following is the printout from the runs:

[d3m956 at olympus ksp]$ mpiexec -n 1 ./ex12
0, 56
Norm of error 2.10144e-06 iterations 14
[d3m956 at olympus ksp]$ mpiexec -n 2 ./ex12
0, 56
0, 56
Norm of error 2.10144e-06 iterations 14
Norm of error 2.10144e-06 iterations 14
[d3m956 at olympus ksp]$ mpiexec -n 4 ./ex12
0, 56
0, 56
0, 56
0, 56
Norm of error 2.10144e-06 iterations 14
Norm of error 2.10144e-06 iterations 14
Norm of error 2.10144e-06 iterations 14
Norm of error 2.10144e-06 iterations 14

Can anyone explain to me why I ran into this issue? Anything I missed?

Thanks,
Shuangshuang