[petsc-users] coordinate point location in mesh

Jed Brown jedbrown at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Apr 4 22:42:54 CDT 2013

On Thu, Apr 4, 2013 at 10:33 PM, Dharmendar Reddy
<dharmareddy84 at gmail.com>wrote:

>         Do i am currently cloned petsc using git. Looks like the function
> you mentioned is in knepley/pylith. How do i switch to that branch ?
> I guess i need to pull the branch before switching ?
> git branch knepley/pylith

That would create a new branch at the current HEAD, you want 'git checkout
knepley/pylith' which should tell you:

  Branch knepley/pylith set up to track remote branch knepley/pylith from
origin.
  Switched to a new branch 'knepley/pylith'

Since the old 'knepley/pylith' was merged to 'master' a while back, Matt
probably would have been better off to have fast-forwarded his branch so
that it used all the latest stuff in 'master'.