[petsc-users] Réf. : Re: PETSc installed without X windows on this machine

Thomas DE-SOZA thomas.de-soza at edf.fr
Wed May 30 09:03:49 CDT 2012

Hi,

To print the matrix in ASCII form you must use "-mat_view" and not "-mat_view_draw".

Thomas

w_ang_temp at 163.com
Envoyé par : petsc-users-bounces at mcs.anl.gov
30/05/2012 15:46
Veuillez répondre à petsc-users

        Pour :  petsc-users at mcs.anl.gov
        cc :    (ccc : Thomas DE-SOZA/A/EDF/FR)
        Objet : Re: [petsc-users] PETSc installed without X windows on this machine

Hello Matt
     I am sorry for the vague statements.
     When use MatView() in the code, it can print the matrix by the CSR
form in the terminal.
     When I try to view the matrix with the runtime option -mat_view_draw,
I get the error message. I just want to draw the matrix nonzero structure.
      Thanks.
                                                 Jim

>在 2012-05-30 21:27:40,"Matthew Knepley" <knepley at gmail.com> 写道:
>On Wed, May 30, 2012 at 9:20 AM, w_ang_temp <w_ang_temp at 163.com> wrote:
>Hello
>    When I try to view a matrix with the option -mat_view_draw, I get :
>    [0]PETSC ERROR: PETSc installed without X windows on this machine
proceeding without graphics.
>    But calling MatView in side the code is ok.

>Are you saying that from within the code, MatView() draws a picture in an
X-window? I do not see
>how that can possibly be the case. PETSc did not compile support for
that, as it says in the error
>message.

>   Matt

>    I install the libX11-dev as Matt said in one message in the
petsc-users in 2008,  but the problem doesn't solved.