[petsc-users] petsc compile error using Intel compiler 10.1

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Fri May 25 01:25:29 CDT 2012

On Fri, 25 May 2012, Sunhee Lee wrote:

> I have trouble in compiling some of the petsc files (in complex mode) using
> intel compiler.
>
> The relevant files are: baijfact2/5/7.c sbaijfact9~12.c
>
> It says
>

> Fatal compilation error: Out of memory asking for 2097160.
> compilation aborted for baijfact5.c (code 1)
>

> I am currently using icc -O3 and that's pretty much it.
> Does anyone know the cause and following solution to this issue?

Perhaps you have low process memory limit? What do you have for 'ulimit -a'?

you can try 'ulimit -m unlimited' and see if that helps.

Alternatively - you can try manually compiling the failed sources with
a lower optimiation. Assuming you are using legacy build - you can
edit PETSC_ARCH/conf/petscvariables - and change the -O3 flag - and
then invoke 'make' in the src dirs where compile failed.

Satish