[petsc-users] vfork problems compiling on Windows

Dominik Szczerba dominik at itis.ethz.ch
Fri May 18 07:48:17 CDT 2012

Hi,

I already reported this problem before. I get vfork problem on Windows
and one or more subfolders break during compilation resulting in an
incomplete target library.
I was advised before to go to the failed subfolder and run make in
there. That works, but now the question is how do I re-make the final
library and only the library. If I go back to the petssc root folder
and issue "make" the whole thing gets rebuilt from scratch, ignoring
what has been so far built. This not only takes ages on Windows, but
also occasionally breaks due to the vfork problem in another
subfolder. How can I trigger continuing the build in this case?

Thanks
Dominik