[petsc-users] How to set up -mat_mumps_icntl13 1 in the code?

Giacomo Mulas gmulas at oa-cagliari.inaf.it
Wed May 16 05:51:01 CDT 2012

On Tue, 15 May 2012, Barry Smith wrote:

>> So, if I understand correctly, I am supposed to call
>> PetscOptionsInsertString() to add any options I want to have as defaults,
>> then what is the call PetscOptionsInsert() for?
>
>    It "resets" the options database with the command line options. If you
> did not call this then the InsertString() options would not be overwritten
> with the command line options.

Ah ok! It makes sense now that you explain. I could not quite understand
this from the man pages :(

>   Ignore the PetscOptionsSetFromOptions() it has nothing to do with
> anything there (it is just in that example to test it).  It does not
> affect the options data base entries.

So I can omit that. Good. However, I suspect this is not the case for the
similar slepc function EPSSetFromOptions(): I had to put that _after_ the
PetscOptionsInsertString() call, or inserted options would be ignored by
slepc. So I suppose the correct sequence should be:

PetscOptionsInsertString() # this adds my defaults
PetscOptionsInsert()       # this has command line options replace defaults
EPSSetFromOptions()        # this applies resulting options to my eps object

Is that right?

Thanks, bye
Giacomo

Giacomo Mulas <gmulas at oa-cagliari.inaf.it>

OSSERVATORIO ASTRONOMICO DI CAGLIARI
Str. 54, Loc. Poggio dei Pini * 09012 Capoterra (CA)

Tel. (OAC): +39 070 71180 248     Fax : +39 070 71180 222
Tel. (UNICA): +39 070 675 4916