[petsc-users] Linesearch algorithm

behzad baghapour behzad.baghapour at gmail.com
Tue May 15 15:26:13 CDT 2012

OK. The (pseudo) transient technique is a way of globalizing the local
convergent Newton methods which is very helpful when dealing with high
nonlinear problems with a pure initial guess. But the classical line-search
method is to minimize the problem 0.5IIR(x)II^2 which basically does not
see the transient phase. Then I have to discard this phase in order to
match with the structure of the method. So I am looking forward to find a
way to tell the SNES to consider just the term: dR/dQ when using it to
modify the search direction with its quadratic or cubic model.