[petsc-users] FAIJ patch has bug in parallel

Gong Ding gdiso at ustc.edu
Thu Mar 22 05:14:18 CDT 2012

Hi,
Last year I had committed a patch for flexable AIJ matrix, which uses dynamic array for the matrix entries.
This patch only works for serial AIJ matrix.
However, for parallel MPIAIJ matrix, it seems MatZeroEntries and/or MatAssemblyEnd_MPIAIJ will destroy the nonzero pattern, and MAT_REUSE_MATRIX will report error.
I used to set DIFFERENT_NONZERO_PATTERN flag for SNES matrix, thus FAIJ works. However, when I set SAME_NONZERO_PATTERN, my code crash.

I tried to fix the problem but failed, sigh.

Gong Ding