[petsc-users] External package SCALAPACK does not work on Microsoft Windows

Jed Brown jedbrown at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Mar 16 06:50:54 CDT 2012

On Fri, Mar 16, 2012 at 00:23, Pham Van <pham_ha at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I used to compile petsc with external package mumps in version 3.1

How did you build them? If you had them built, you could add this line to
the __init__() function in config/PETSc/packages/SCALAPACK.py and
config/PETSc/packages/blacs.py

    self.worksonWindows   = 1

If you want to try --download-{scalapack,blacs}, you can also add this line

    self.downloadonWindows= 1

Let us know if it works, I assumed it was disabled because it didn't.

> However, today I tried 3.2 and get many of such error massage:
>
> External package SCALAPACK does not work on Microsoft Windows
>
> It happens also with blacs. How can I build mumps without those pakages?

You can't, those are hard dependencies. You could use SuperLU_DIST which
works with --download-superlu_dist.