[petsc-users] system upgrade

Sean Farley sean at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Mar 13 17:00:04 CDT 2012

> I was using petsc on my Mac OS x 10.6 perfectly fine and then decided
> (perhaps foolishly) to upgrade to lion, 10.7.  When I type the same
> configure line as before,
>
> ./configure --with-cc=/usr/local/bin/gcc --with-fc=/usr/local/bin/gfortran
> --with-clanguage=cxx --download-f-blas-lapack=1 --download-mpich=1
>
> Any ideas what I need to do to configure it like I had before (that
> doesn't involve going back to 10.6)?

Depending on how you upgraded (or perhaps did a clean install), you'll need
to install Xcode 4.3.1 and make sure that you check (it's not checked by
default) to install command line tools. This is done from the 'Downloads'
section of Xcode's preferences.

P.S. I tried before with both log files but the first was too big so i'm
> only including the one that failed.  I presume that's the more interesting
> one anyhow.

You could send to petsc-maint instead (and / or try zipping)