[petsc-users] MATLAB Classes

Jeremy Roberts j.alyn.roberts at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 17:27:56 CDT 2012

Hi all,

I'm trying access PETSc from MATLAB via the classes.  I'm working on a 64
bit Ubuntu 11.04 system with MATLAB R2011b and PETSc 3.2-p6.

I get PETSc built, but running e.g. "exKSP.m" leads to a segmentation fault
at ksp.Solve(A,b,x).  As a second test, I added MatMult to  matlabheader.h,
and that worked using A,x, and b of the exKSP example.  My guess is that
something goofy is happening with BLAS/LAPACK.  I tried to run "valgrind
matlab -nodesktop -nosplash < exKSP.m" without success (maybe there's
another way to include valgrind?).

I configured via:

./configure \
PETSC_ARCH=gcc-matlab  \