[petsc-users] specifying -framework Accelerate for blas/lapack on Mac

Geoffrey Irving irving at naml.us
Mon Jul 30 17:15:58 CDT 2012

On Mon, Jul 30, 2012 at 2:58 PM, Satish Balay <balay at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:
> -llapack -lblas on Mac are links to the libraries in accelerate
> framework - and configure by default will find and use these libraries
> by default. For this - don't sepcify any blas/lapack options.

Ah: with no options, it appears to find ATLAS from Macports:

tile:petsc-3.3-p2% make PETSC_DIR=/usr/local test
Running test examples to verify correct installation
Using PETSC_DIR=/usr/local and PETSC_ARCH=darwin10.6.0-cxx-debug
Possible error running C/C++ src/snes/examples/tutorials/ex19 with 1 MPI process
See http://www.mcs.anl.gov/petsc/documentation/faq.html
lid velocity = 0.0016, prandtl # = 1, grashof # = 1
dyld: lazy symbol binding failed: Symbol not found: _ATL_dGetNB
  Referenced from: /usr/local/lib/libpetsc.dylib
  Expected in: dynamic lookup

dyld: Symbol not found: _ATL_dGetNB
  Referenced from: /usr/local/lib/libpetsc.dylib
  Expected in: dynamic lookup

However, I'm not sure why; otool doesn't show ATLAS, and ATLAS should
be invisible in /opt/local anyways.

I reran configure and rebuilt and now it fails in the build stage.
I'll send make.log and configure.log to petsc-maint.

Geoffrey