[petsc-users] Pthread support

Alexander Goncharov alexvg77 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 21:08:32 CDT 2012

Hello!

I have a question about pthread support in PETSC. I could not find it in
the development version. Is it going to be supported in the new release?

The reason I tried development version is because in petsc-3.3 compiled
with pthreadclasses=1 all jobs would be sent to one core, if I start
executables separately. Same for MPI, mpirun -np 4 would show up as 4
processes with 25% CPU usage each, in the "top" output. Without
pthreadclasses all is ok. I would have processes with each utilizing
separate core at 100%. Have you come across such a behavior?

I ran ex2 from ksp tutorials.

Thank you!
Alexander.