[petsc-users] [petsc-dev] second patch for DMDAVecGetArrayF90

TAY wee-beng zonexo at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 04:13:02 CDT 2012

On 6/7/2012 5:48 PM, Barry Smith wrote:
>     Blaise,
>
>        Thanks.
>
>     Satish,
>
>        If they look good could you apply them to 3.3 and dev?
>
>       Thanks
>
>        Barry

Hi,

I downloaded petsc-dev a few days ago and applied both patches using
"patch -v ..." in both linux and windows vs2008

It worked great in linux

However, when I compile and link in vs2008, it gives the error:
/
1>Compiling manifest to resources...
1>Microsoft (R) Windows (R) Resource Compiler Version 6.1.6723.1
1>Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.
1>Linking...
1>libpetsc.lib(f90_cwrap.o) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
F90ARRAY4dCREATESCALAR referenced in function F90Array4dCreate
1>libpetsc.lib(f90_cwrap.o) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
F90ARRAY4dACCESSFORTRANADDR referenced in function F90Array4dAccess
1>libpetsc.lib(f90_cwrap.o) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
F90ARRAY4dACCESSINT referenced in function F90Array4dAccess
1>libpetsc.lib(f90_cwrap.o) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
F90ARRAY4dACCESSREAL referenced in function F90Array4dAccess
1>libpetsc.lib(f90_cwrap.o) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
F90ARRAY4dACCESSSCALAR referenced in function F90Array4dAccess
1>libpetsc.lib(f90_cwrap.o) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
F90ARRAY4dDESTROYSCALAR referenced in function F90Array4dDestroy
1>c:\obj_tmp\ibm2d_high_Re_staggered_old\Debug/ibm2d_high_Re_staggered.exe
: fatal error LNK1120: 6 unresolved externals/

I wonder if it's fixed in the new petsc-dev.

Thanks