[petsc-users] unstructured finite volume method matrix assembly for partitioned mesh

Rahul Praghanmor praghanmor at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 12:26:15 CST 2012

Dear Sir,
          I am working on a parallel unstructured finite volume solver.The
solver is efficiently running in parallel using gauss seidel linear
solver.The matrix is sparse and stored by CSR format.Now I want to
implement a PETSc library to make the convergence faster.But I am going
through a major problem as discussed below.
          If I partitioned a big domain say rectangular duct into 4 zones
using parMetis.Each zone is solved in separate processor as fairly solved
by gauss seidel linear solver.But I want to solve these zones by PETSc.How
to do that?How to form a matrix with global numbering which is required
format for PETSc to form a matrix?Does it necessarily important to form a
global matrix? very few information available for assembling a matrix from
unstructured finite volume method in PETSc.

Thankx and regards,
Rahul.