[petsc-users] Variable arguments for DMComposite functions

Zhang zyzhang at nuaa.edu.cn
Tue Aug 21 22:30:15 CDT 2012

Hi,

I am using Petsc to write a multi-block CFD solver.
Sometimes I just need access one or two specific DMs in a DMComposite, I just wonder how I can do this work other than to list all DMs in those DMComposite- functions with variable arguments, such as

DMCompositeGetEntries(...), etc.

Why the developer not choose the arguments by number of DM to be accessed and then an array of pointers to them? Or is it possible for user to rewrite our own version of the above functions, like

 DM* da_array[2];
DMCompositeGetEntries(user->pack,2,da_array);

Thanks a lot for your attention,

Zhenyu Zhang