[petsc-users] Configure error

Fabio fabio.pinna.2006 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 10 10:07:36 CDT 2012

Without using the wiht-mpi-dir option the code start testing but it
stops saying the "C compiler associated with mpi-cc win32fe cl  does
not work"
(configure.log is its log)

If I use a link to another directory without space in the name I get
the same error (provided that the link has been done in cygwin
otherwise I have Nonexistant directory). It seems than anyway path are
an issue in general (although for standard path they seem to find
correctly what they need)
The respective log file is configure2.log

It look like it is not finding kernel32.lib. Actually a search in my
system find only kernel32.dll so I think that the configure script
complain rightfully.
Anyway could this be linked to my setup win 7 64 bit and MSVC Express
(32 bit with some work to do to make it see 64 bit by means of sdk
installation)?
 I thought I could just start with a 32 bit version as it is the
default setting of MSVC and it was quite hard to make the 64 bit work
(I would have liked to have something simple to focus only on my real
implementation, instead of running after VC Express tantrums)

Thank you very much for your assistance

Fabio