[petsc-users] Customizeing MatSetValuesBlocked(...)

Jinquan Zhong jzhong at scsolutions.com
Wed Aug 8 16:09:50 CDT 2012

Satish,

I looked at
	http://www.mcs.anl.gov/petsc/petsc-current/src/snes/examples/tutorials/ex5s.c.html
where
	MatCreateAIJ(PETSC_COMM_WORLD,rend-rstart,rend-rstart,N,N,5,0,0,0,&J);

was used to create J (N,N) with local J dimensioned as (rend-rstart,rend-rstart).

For my application, I have LDA=LDB=3 and N=9 in the following

	ierr = MatCreateAIJ(PETSC_COMM_WORLD,LDA,LDB,N,N,LDA,0,0,0,&A);	CHKERRQ(ierr);

I got the following error message:

[0]PETSC ERROR: Nonconforming object sizes!
[0]PETSC ERROR: Sum of local lengths 27 does not equal global length 9, my local length 3
  likely a call to VecSetSizes() or MatSetSizes() is wrong.

It does NOT appear PETSc  had the 9x9 matrix. It tried to build 27*27 since I am using 9 procs.  Is there a way to resolve this local size and global size issue?

Thanks,

Jinquan