[petsc-users] Field split questions

Matthew Knepley knepley at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 08:52:12 CDT 2012

On Wed, Aug 8, 2012 at 8:48 AM, Colin McAuliffe <cjm2176 at columbia.edu>wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> When using PCFieldSplitSetIS to define splits within splits, should the IS
> contain indices in the original matrix or in the next highest split level?

The next highest split level. You might consider using a DM if you have
some structure (like discretization on a mesh).
This should handle all the index-wrangling for you. It is new, but intended
for just this kind of thing.

Also, my matrix is in aij format but one of the sub fields has a block
> diagonal structure. Is it still possible use block jacobi on this field?

Yes.

   Matt