[petsc-users] mumps get stuck with parmetis

Aron Ahmadia aron.ahmadia at kaust.edu.sa
Tue Apr 24 14:41:00 CDT 2012

/project/k121/sandbox/petsc
-dev/externalpackages/MUMPS_4.10.0-p3/src/mumps_part9.F:4666
/project/k121/sandbox/petsc
-dev/externalpackages/MUMPS_4.10.0-p3/src/dmumps_part5.F:465
/project/k121/sandbox/petsc
-dev/externalpackages/MUMPS_4.10.0-p3/src/dmumps_part1.F:409
/project/k121/sandbox/petsc
-dev/externalpackages/MUMPS_4.10.0-p3/src/dmumps_part3.F:6651
/project/k121/sandbox/petsc
-dev/externalpackages/MUMPS_4.10.0-p3/src/mumps_c.c:422

I don't know the MUMPS source code very well so I couldn't tell you what
this set of routines are doing, but this is a snippet of the stack trace I
was seeing when the jobs died on BG/P.

If you set the "-info" flag on a PETSc run, it sends a lot of debugging
output to the screen, which is useful when you're in a situation where it
is hard to get access to a debugger or the stack trace.

On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 10:22 PM, Alexander Grayver <agrayver at gfz-potsdam.de