[petsc-users] Problem with mpiexec

Matthew Knepley knepley at gmail.com
Tue Sep 27 06:43:14 CDT 2011

On Tue, Sep 27, 2011 at 6:44 AM, Konstantinos Kontzialis <
ckontzialis at lycos.com> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> When I do the following:
>
> make PETSC_DIR=/home/kontzialis/**petsc-3.1-p8
> PETSC_ARCH=linux-gnu-c-debug test
>
> I get the following:
>
> Running test examples to verify correct installation
>
> and I wait for hours.
>
> I tried to run an mpi application of my own which uses petsc as follows:
>
> mpiexec -n 8 ./hoac cylisupersonic -llf_flux -explicit -explicit_type 1
>
> and I get the following error:
>
> ssh: Could not resolve hostname PlusSodaL: Name or service not known

You have your hostname set to something that your DNS will not resolve. No
MPI program will run on this box, not just PETSc.

Either set your hostname to something that resolves (using 'hostname'), or
put 'PlusSodaL' in /etc/resolve.conf

   Matt

> Any recommendations?
>
> Best regards