[petsc-users] viewers and nohup (unrelated questions)

Gianluca Meneghello gianmail at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 09:07:33 CDT 2011

Thanks for the binary viewer, I will wait for it!

Concerning the nohup, t dies from a HUP signal. This is the error I
obtain in nohup.out:

[0]PETSC ERROR:
[0]PETSC ERROR: Caught signal number 1 Hang up: Some other process (or
the batch system) has told this process to end
[0]PETSC ERROR: Try option -start_in_debugger or -on_error_attach_debugger
[0]PETSC ERROR: or see
http://www.mcs.anl.gov/petsc/petsc-as/documentation/faq.html#valgrind[0]PETSC
ERROR: or try http://valgrind.org on GNU/linux and Apple Mac OS X to
find memory corruption errors
[0]PETSC ERROR: configure using --with-debugging=yes, recompile, link, and run
[0]PETSC ERROR: to get more information on the crash.
[0]PETSC ERROR: --------------------- Error Message
------------------------------------
[0]PETSC ERROR: Signal received!
[0]PETSC ERROR:
[0]PETSC ERROR: Petsc Release Version 3.2.0, Patch 1, unknown
[0]PETSC ERROR: See docs/changes/index.html for recent updates.
[0]PETSC ERROR: See docs/faq.html for hints about trouble shooting.
[0]PETSC ERROR: See docs/index.html for manual pages.
[0]PETSC ERROR:
[0]PETSC ERROR: ./main on a optnompi_ named tarzan.polytechnique.fr by
gianluca Fri Sep 16 16:03:05 2011
[0]PETSC ERROR: Libraries linked from
/moogwai/usr/gianluca/soft/petsc-3.2/optnompi_complex/lib
[0]PETSC ERROR: Configure run at Thu Sep 15 14:21:03 2011
[0]PETSC ERROR: Configure options --download-umfpack
--with-clanguage=cxx --with-debugging=0 --with-fortran-kernels=generic
--with-mpi=0 --with-scalar-type=complex --with-umfpack=1 COPTFLAGS=-O3
CXXOPTFLAGS=-O3 FOPTFLAGS=-O3 PETSC_ARCH=optnompi_complex
[0]PETSC ERROR:
[0]PETSC ERROR: User provided function() line 0 in unknown directory
unknown file

Any hint is welcome

Thanks

Gianluca