[petsc-users] PETSc 3.2 gmres error

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Sat Sep 10 08:41:35 CDT 2011

On Sat, 10 Sep 2011, Tabrez Ali wrote:

> Hello
>
> I am running an application using PETSc 3.2 RC on a poor mans cluster at my
> home (for testing only) which has two nodes running different versions of
> Debian (they also have different versions of gcc/gfortran) but have the same
> MPICH2 1.4 and PETSc 3.2 installed on them.

BTW: - if this is for development/testing - why not just use 1 node
[and run mpiexec -n 2] jobs on it?

This is what we all do. We primarily use different nodes only for
performance measurements on a cluster. [in which case - then nodes
have identical os - and the same binary is usually used].

Yeah hetrogeneous usage should generally work - but we hardly test for
that.

Satish