[petsc-users] PETSc config error

amrit poudel amrit_pou at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 7 18:50:46 CDT 2011

I get the following error (down below) when I try to configure PETSc with this command (on a scientific Linux OS) :

 ./config/configure.py --prefix=/home/amrit/PETSc --with-scalar-type=complex --with-cc=/home/amrit/MPI/bin/mpicc --with-fc=/home/amrit/MPI/bin/mpif77

             Configuring PETSc to compile on your system
TESTING: checkCCompiler from config.setCompilers(config/BuildSystem/config/setCo*******************************************************************************
                    UNABLE to EXECUTE BINARIES for config/configure.py
Cannot run executables created with C. If this machine uses a batch system
to submit jobs you will need to configure using/configure.py with the additional option  --with-batch.
 Otherwise there is problem with the compilers. Can you compile and run code with your C/C++ (and maybe Fortran) compilers?

I am sure that fortran and C/C++ compilers are okay on this computer.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.