[petsc-users] petsc-users Digest, Vol 33, Issue 13

Sean Farley sean at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Sep 7 12:35:51 CDT 2011

> If I do this, will I get all the libraries compiled properly?

Yes. All the libraries will be compiled properly on the mac and put int
$PETSC_DIR/$PETSC_ARCH/lib. More importantly, PETSc will be compiled with
MUMPS support easiest with this method.

> I was thinking of independently compiling these external packages and then
> use them during run time.

Do you need to use MUMPS without PETSc? You could look at my extension to
MacPorts:

https://bitbucket.org/seanfarley/scienceports

But it will require you to:

1) Install (and use) MacPorts

2) Install the MacPorts gfortran

A big caveat is that it is not as flexible as having different PETSC_ARCH's.
This is due to MacPorts insistence on having everything installed into
/opt/local but if you only want one PETSC_ARCH then it might be handy.

You would then specify to PETSc's configure:

./configure --with-blacs-dir=/opt/local --with-scalapack-dir=/opt/local
--with-mumps-dir=/opt/local

Use this method at your own risk.

Sean