[petsc-users] Write complex matrix/vector from Matlab

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Sun Sep 4 21:14:24 CDT 2011

  Amrit,

    We have just recently made sure that PetscBinaryWrite.m and PetscBinaryRead.m fully support complex numbers; you can access the release candidate for PETSc 3.2 for this support

One can use the following tarball. It will correspond to
petsc-3.2 sources for the next few days. And i've set it up to be
updated every 3 hours [from the sources in mercurial].

http://ftp.mcs.anl.gov/pub/petsc/petsc-dev.tar.gz

or

>   You can find the PETSc 3.2 release candidate via Mecurial at:
>>
>> ssh://petsc@petsc.cs.iit.edu//hg/petsc/releases/petsc-3.2                        or    http://petsc.cs.iit.edu/petsc/releases/petsc-3.2
>> ssh://petsc@petsc.cs.iit.edu//hg/petsc/releases/BuildSystem-3.2           or    http://petsc.cs.iit.edu/petsc/releases/BuildSystem-3.2

  Should you have problems reading the complex matrices/vectors saved from MATLAB please send all information to petsc-maint at mcs.anl.gov

  We do not support the Matrix Market sparse format because it is not scalable for large matrices (i.e. it is too slow) ; reading ASCII files in parallel is not viable.

  Barry