[petsc-users] query about PETSc usage in Fortran applications

Sanjay Govindjee s_g at berkeley.edu
Tue Oct 25 16:18:00 CDT 2011

Finite Element Analysis
Linear solvers iterative and direct
No explicit publications but it is referenced in our user manual see
http://www.ce.berkeley.edu/feap

In this case FEAP (our FEA code) has been around for roughly 30 years in
its present incarnation.  PETSc allowed us to parallelize is it.

-sg

On 10/25/11 5:46 AM, Lois Curfman McInnes wrote:

> I am collecting information about PETSc use in Fortran applications.
>  If you are a using PETSc via the Fortran interface, please send email
> (to me only, curfman at mcs.anl.gov <mailto:curfman at mcs.anl.gov>) to
> indicate:
>    - application area
>    - what parts of PETSc are used
>    - pointer to any publications or other references
>
> Of particular interest are applications in which PETSc facilitated a
> transition to parallelism for an existing application that had
> previously been only sequential.
>
> Thanks,
> Lois

Sanjay Govindjee, PhD, PE
Professor of Civil Engineering
and Chancellor's Professor

779 Davis Hall
Structural Engineering, Mechanics and Materials
Department of Civil Engineering
University of California
Berkeley, CA 94720-1710

Voice:  +1 510 642 6060