[petsc-users] KSP_DIVERGED_NAN

Marco Cisternino marco.cisternino at polito.it
Thu Oct 13 03:04:03 CDT 2011

Hi to everybody,
I wrote an interface elliptic problem solver in 2D and 3D. The linear
system I assemble depends on the geometrical characteristics of a level
set function. I tested them with several and more and more complex
interfaces, but now I would try it with a real 3D interface. But I
probably have some problem with the computation of a good level set
function, maybe the cause is the low resolution of the original
interface. The evidence of my problem is in the subject. No matter what
iterative petsc solver I try to use the run stops at the first iteration
with a Nan residual. I don't want to ask you to understand the problem,
but to give me some information about how to debug I situation like
this. The interface is too complex to be deeply checked, then I hope
that looking how the ksp yields a nan residual could help me.
Thank you so much.

Best regards,

     Marco

--