[petsc-users] about ILUT preconditioner

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Oct 3 07:54:09 CDT 2011

On Oct 3, 2011, at 3:55 AM, behzad baghapour wrote:

> Is it necessary to download and link SPARSEKIT with Petsc to use ILUT (with threshold) as a preconditioner? If so, is it correct to configure Petsc with
> --download-sparsekit in this matter?

    We removed the interface to sparsekit a long time ago, because it wasn't very good.

    If you want to use ILUT you can use --download-hypre then run with -pc_type boomeramg -pc_hypre_type pilut

    See http://www.mcs.anl.gov/petsc/petsc-as/snapshots/petsc-dev/docs/manualpages/PC/PCHYPRE.html for more details and run the PETSc program with the above options and -help to see the various pilut options.