[petsc-users] Assembling primal Schur matrix in FETI-DP method

Jed Brown jedbrown at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Nov 21 07:53:30 CST 2011

On Mon, Nov 21, 2011 at 04:00, Thomas Witkowski <
Thomas.Witkowski at tu-dresden.de> wrote:

> Some technical question on this point: How can I explicitly factorize a
> sequential matrix? Is MatLUFactor the correct function to do it?

In general, I recommend using the KSP. You can KSPSetType(ksp,KSPPREONLY),
PCSetType(pc,PCLU). Call KSPSolve() multiple times, the factorization will
be reused. Or you can use MatLUFactor() directly if you really want.

> If so, how can I provide the package (i.e. umfpack) that should be used
> for factorization?

See the MatSolverPackage argument in one of these.

http://www.mcs.anl.gov/petsc/petsc-dev/docs/manualpages/PC/PCFactorSetMatSolverPackage.html

http://www.mcs.anl.gov/petsc/petsc-dev/docs/manualpages/Mat/MatGetFactor.html