[petsc-users] configure error windows debug mode

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Nov 15 08:29:44 CST 2011

On Tue, 15 Nov 2011, Dominik Szczerba wrote:

> > Did you see my previous reply to this issue? Looks like instead of
> > trying this suggestion - you've assumed the problem was elsewere - and
> > attempted a complete rebuild.
> >
> > Please invoke 'make' [with the correct PETSC_ARCH and PETSC_DIR] in
> > the appropriate 'source' dir - where-ever you see 'vfork' error - to
> > complete the build of those sources.
>

> I saw it, I apologize I did not answer, but seeing the other error
> (cmake error) made me think I better start completely fresh. Meanwhile
> I tried the "rebase" hint that I found in the old archives. I will do
> as you say the next time the error occurs and post an update.

As mentioned in the 'prior-proir' message - the cmake message is
misleading.  The configure did complete - and print a nice summary of
what its doing. Configure however decided to use the legacy build -
instead of cmake buld - due to the cmake error.

Note - you were using legacy build for both debug and optimized
builds. If you see stuff like:

libfast in: /cygdrive/c/pack/petsc-3.2-p5/src/mat/impls/adj
<<<<<<

Then you are using the non-cmake legacy build. [which is the fallback
when cmake part of configure fails - for whatever reason]

Satish