[petsc-users] configure error windows debug mode

Dominik Szczerba dominik at itis.ethz.ch
Tue Nov 15 02:10:01 CST 2011

>> I have managed to configure and build petsc natively on Windows with
>> MSVC 2010 in release mode. With debug=1 I get this error. Any ideas
>> what migh have gone wrong?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Dominik
>>
>> ===============================================================================
>>       CMake process failed with status 256. Proceeding..
>> ===============================================================================

> Configure didn't abort here. It continued and printed a nice
> 'completed' summary [which you neglected to copy/paste]
>
> And you must have seen this message for the optimized build aswell.

I tried again, and no, it is there only for debug. I send the log to
the other list.
Why I am worried is that I can not link debug version to my
application on Windows, I can only link the optimized one. I want to
eliminate this error message as a potential culprit.

Many thanks for any hints,
Dominik