[petsc-users] configure error windows debug mode

Jed Brown jedbrown at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Nov 11 14:23:27 CST 2011

On Fri, Nov 11, 2011 at 13:42, Satish Balay <balay at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:

> Jed, Perhaps we should print this message to configure.log - and not
> to screen - and have a cmake section in summary?
>
> cmake:enabled [or disabled]

That would be okay. I put a lot of diagnostics into configure.log now. The
problem comes from implicit paths not being put into the appropriate
places. For example, /usr/lib/openmpi is placed in flibs, but not in
cxxlibs. So if I do --with-fortran=0, then libmpi_cxx.so is not found. I
don't know how the MPI path shows up in flibs because MPI.py does not seem
to do it.